1. Social Media. Create accounts for your business through popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn. Make sure to engage with the community by participating in conversations and posts that are related to your industry. Pinterest and Instagram are particularly great sites for image oriented business, be sure to take clear, bright photos for your audience.
2. Create a Customer Referral Program. Word of mouth is one of the best marketing tools out there, people will often trust a friend, family or colleagues opinion the most. Offer incentives such as discounts, free products or services that will help bring new customers in.
3. Participate in Competitions. Donate a product or service to a local competition or event for great brand exposure.
4. Create a Blog. A blog post can help customers and potential customers in their decision making process. Consider posting how-to guides for your products or the benefits of using your product or service. Enlist the help of a family, friend or colleague if writing isn’t your thing.
5. Online Contests. Create a competition of your own, the prize doesn’t have to be expensive. You’ll gain lots of new leads through the participants alone.